CoD Modern Warfare 2: Trailer reveals multiplayer and Warzone 2
As part of the CoD Next event, there was a lot of new info around the multiplayer of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (and of course Warzone 2). We took a closer look at the shown content and created a list of all available operators, perks, killstreaks and scorestreaks – and explain the new features of these systems right away!
The Operator & Factions in Modern Warfare 2
Unlike CoD Vanguard, the new Modern Warfare returns to a faction system. So the operators are divided into two parties, which are at loggerheads with each other. Depending on the game, you can only choose soldiers from the SpecGru or the Kortac camp. Advantage: With a little practice you can tell if you have a friend or foe in front of you without any interface! Here are the factions and their operators:
- SpecGru I (MilSim)
- Kortac I (MilSim)
What are MilSim operators? Milsim characters have no name and do not represent any particular hero in the CoD universe. Rather, they are faceless soldiers and have a particularly down-to-earth and realistic look.
As always, operators are purely cosmetic in nature and do not bring any advantages or abilities, all stats like health points, speed and so on are identical. Operators can of course be modified with various skins, which are available in the ingame store or in the Battle Pass.
All Perks in MW2 (and the new Perk Packs explained)
Modern Warfare 2 turns CoD’s previous perk system upside down and introduces so-called Perk Packages for the first time in the series. It works like this: In each loadout you are always allowed to two basic perks, one bonus perk and one ultimate perk.These four then form a Perk Package. There are also pre-made sets from the developer, but of course you can combine them freely.
The two basic perks are always activated, the other two are added after a certain time in the match. However, points and kills can shorten the time until the bonus and ultimate perk.
Base perks at a glance
- Overkill: Carry second primary weapon in secondary weapon slot
- Double Time: Longer tactical sprint, run faster ducked
- Battle Hardened: Resistance to blinding, stun, gas, shock and other grenades.
- Scavenger: Collect ammunition and throwing knives from dead players
- EOD: Resistance to explosions, reset grenade timers when picking up.
- Tracker: See footprints of enemies, hide kill markers
- Pitcher: Continue throwing, trajectory is displayed
- Extra Tactical: Spawn with extra tactical equipment item
Bonus perks at a glance
- Resupply: Spawn with additional deadly equipment item
- Spotter: See and hack enemy equipment through walls
- Cold Blooded: Invisible to AI systems, thermal imaging, reconnaissance drones.
- Fast Hands: Faster reload, change weapons, use items.
- Quick Fix: Capture kills and mission objectives triggers HP regeneration
- Focus: More stable aim when hit, hold breath longer
Ultimate perks at a glance
- High Alert: Warns the player as soon as he is targeted by the enemy
- Ghost: Invisibility for UAVs, radar systems, heartbeat sensors.
- Hardline: Killstreaks cost 1 kill less, Scorestreaks 125 points less
- Overclock: Second field upgrade received, shorter cooldown
- Survivor: Instead of dying, the player goes down, can revive himself
- Bird’s Eye: Larger minimap with precise enemy location for UAVs and radar systems.
Killstreaks and Scorestreaks in MW2
Traditionally in CoD, there were usually either killstreaks, which rewarded us for series of kills, or scorestreaks, which instead relied on points for objectives achieved. Both have their advantages and disadvantages: While killstreaks are satisfying, they tend to encourage selfish gameplay with a focus on kills rather than teamwork.
Scorestreaks, on the other hand, reward players who work towards mission objectives, but let kills become incidental. Modern Warfare 2 now lets players choose for themselves and simply offers both: With one click in the loadout menu, we can switch between kill and score breaks, depending on our desire and play style!
List of all killstreaks/scorestreaks:
- UAV (4 kills or 500 points): Clears up enemies on the minimap
- Bomb Drone (4 kills or 500 points): Remote controlled drone with explosive device
- Counter UAV (5 kills or 625 points): Disturbs enemy minimap
- Care Package (5 kills or 625 points): Box with random killstreak
- Cluster Mine (5 kills or 625 points): Distributes mines in an area
- Precision Airstrike (6 kills or 750 points): Airstrike by Jet
- Cruise Missile (6 kills or 750 points): Remote Controlled Missile
- Mortar Strike (6 kills or 750 points): Mortar Strike on Marked Positions
- SAE (7 kills or 875 points): Jets drop aerosol bombs on target
- Sentry (7 kills or 875 points): Automatic gun with incendiary rounds
- VTOL Jet (8 kills or 1000 points): Drops bombs, hovers and protects the player
- Overwatch Helo (8 kills or 1000 points): Helicopter monitors area
- Wheelson HS (8 kills or 1000 points): Remote controlled robot with gun
- Stealth Bomber (10 kills or 1250 points): Bomb carpet on target position
- Chopper Gunner (10 kills or 1250 points): Controllable attack helicopter
- Emergency Airdrop (10 kills or 1250 points): Three boxes of random streaks
- Gunship (12 kills or 1500 points): Steerable aircraft with on-board guns
- Advanced UAV (12 kills or 1500 points): Uncovers all enemies on the map
- Juggernaut (15 kills or 1875 points): Heavy combat suit with minigun
What else will be offered in the beta, how you can get a key and when the beta will start, you can read in our beta article for CoD MW2!
Follow us and check out our social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook & YouTube ►
#callofdutytips, #callofdutytricks, #callofdutycheats, #callofdutyhacks, #callofdutyhacks2022, #callofdutytipspro, #callofdutypaidcheats, #callofduty, #callofdutytipsandtricks, #callofdutytipsandtricks2022, #callofdutytipsandtricksforbeginners, #callofdutytips, #callofdutytricks, #callofdutytrickshots, #callofdutyhacks, #callofdutyhacksfree, #callofdutyhacksfree2022,