In the wake of its planned acquisition of Activision Blizzard, Microsoft has now promised that Call of Duty will be available as a multiplatform title on Playstation for several years to come.
In January 2022, Microsoft surprised the gaming world by making it public that it intends to buy out Activision Blizzard. For almost 70 billion US dollars, the Xbox manufacturer wants to take over the publisher including development studios behind Call of Duty. However, the takeover still has to be approved by various authorities. To allay concerns, Microsoft has promised in a letter to Playstation CEO Jim Ryan that Call of Duty will also be available on Playstation for several more years. The letter from Xbox boss Phil Spencer is said to be available to The Verge.
How long should Call of Duty be available on Playstation 5 & Co.
Allegedly, the writing is from January. In it, Spencer not only promises that Call of Duty will continue to appear on the Playstation, but moreover, the content of the Playstation and Xbox versions will be identical. According to The Verge, the Microsoft promise is supposed to go beyond the current deal between Sony and Activision Blizzard. However, the exact duration of the contract remains unclear. If the US business magazine Bloomberg has its way, the Sony deal is supposed to expire in 2024. Allegedly, Microsoft is still planning to develop Call of Duty as a multiplatform title after 2024.
What is clear, however, is that Microsoft will bring Call of Duty and other games from Activision Blizzard, such as Diablo and Overwatch, to Xbox Game Pass. Thus, paying subscribers can play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 & Co. at no extra cost. Players on Playstation 5 and PS4, on the other hand, will still have to pay for these games individually. It is also possible that a free Microsoft account will become mandatory to play future games from Activision Blizzard. The developer behind Minecraft, which was taken over by Microsoft, shows how things could soon be at Activision Blizzard. The building block game is still available for various platforms after the takeover, but requires a Microsoft account to play.
Collection on the Microsoft Promise on Call of Duty:
- In a letter from Xbox CEO Phil Spencer to Playstation CEO Jim Ryan, the Microsoft man made a promise, The Verge reports. Thus, back in January 2022, Spencer promised that Call of Duty will also be available on Playstation for several more years.
- In the course of the planned takeover of Activision Blizzard, the question had arisen about Call of Duty & Co. and whether they will only appear on the Xbox in the future.
- Allegedly, Microsoft is planning to continue developing Call of Duty as a multiplatform title after 2024. The model could be the acquired developer behind Minecraft. Even after the acquisition, the building block game is available on various platforms, but requires a free Microsoft account to play.
Follow us and check out our social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook & YouTube ►
● on Twitter ► esport.directory
● Facebook ► esport.directory
● Youtube ► esport.directory
CallofDutyGameplay, CallofDutyRankings, CallofDutyReleaseDate, CallofDutyCarrier, ‚ CallofDutyCover, CallofDutySkins, CallofDutyVideos, CallofDutyVideoYouTube, CallofDutyPS4, CallofDutyPlatforms, CallofDutyPlayers, CallofDutyTeam,